UPDATE: LATEST INFORMATION REGARDING DISNEY’S THE LION KING
Following the recent government mandate regarding the 8pm closure of hospitality venues and the extension of the 50% capacity rule until 30 January 2022, Disney Theatrical and the Bord Gáis Energy Theatre have been working closely together to establish a new performance schedule for The Lion King.
The team is doing all in its power to be able to deliver this production, but due to the ever-changing nature of the situation, we cannot guarantee that all shows will go ahead as scheduled.
Unfortunately, our efforts have been further complicated by recent Covid-enforced absences within the cast and crew. We regret to inform ticketholders that we are unable to commence performances of The Lion King until 31 December and have had to implement the following schedule changes:
· Performances on 23, 27, 28 and 29 December will be cancelled. Customers impacted by these cancellations will receive a full refund and Ticketmaster will process these automatically and as quickly and efficiently as possible.
· Performances on 30 December at 2.30pm & 7.30pm will move to 1 January at 12.00pm & 5.00pm respectively.
· The performance on 31 December will go ahead but at the later time of 5.00pm, and the performance on 2 January will go ahead as planned at 2:30pm.
From 4 January, a new performance schedule will be put in place. Please click here for all the amended performance times. We ask any bookers who no longer wish to attend the show to request a full refund by logging into their Ticketmaster My Account, clicking on their Lion King tickets, choosing 'Need Help With This Order', and following the drop-down options to request a refund.
· Performances from 11 – 30 January will now also be impacted by the government extension of restrictions on 50% audience capacity. Again, we ask any bookers who no longer wish to attend the show to request a full refund.
· Once we have processed these requests, we will then review the remaining audience numbers and retain bookings on a “first booked, first served” basis. All ticketholders for these newly affected dates will be emailed and updated by Ticketmaster on whether their booking has been successful or if they will receive a refund by close of business on 4 January. If successful, your booking will automatically be transferred to the new time. If you are happy with this, you do not have to do anything.
We appreciate your patience and understand the disappointment these measures will have on customers. We are very sorry that we have to take these steps and we are doing all we can to be as fair and reasonable as possible. We will continue to monitor the situation and inform customers of any updates via our website and social media channels.
On behalf of everyone at Disney’s The Lion King and Bord Gáis Energy Theatre, we thank you for your support, patience and understanding at this very difficult time.