Presented by Bord Gáis Energy Theatre
WEST SIDE STORY in Concert
Based on a Conception of JEROME ROBBINS
Book by ARTHUR LAURENTS Music by LEONARD BERNSTEIN
Lyrics by STEPHEN SONDHEIM
Entire Original Production Directed and Choreographed by JEROME ROBBINS
Originally Produced on Broadway by Robert E. Griffith and Harold S. Prince
by arrangement with Roger L. Stevens
Presented by arrangement with Music Theatre International
Due to popular demand, Bord Gáis Energy Theatre is thrilled to announce that WEST SIDE STORY in Concert will return to our stage from Wednesday 27 - Saturday 30 October 2021.
WEST SIDE STORY, based on a conception by Jerome Robbins, book by Arthur Laurents, music by Leonard Bernstein with Lyrics by Stephen Sondheim, changed the course of musical theatre when it opened on Broadway in 1957 and it remains one of the most successful stage shows of all time. The 1961 film version won ten Academy Awards. The score includes the unforgettable songs ‘Maria’, ‘Tonight’, ‘Somewhere’, and ‘America’. Inspired by Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet, WEST SIDE STORY is set on Manhattan’s Upper West Side and explores the rivalry between two teenage gangs: The Jets and The Sharks. When Tony falls in love with Maria, the sister of the rival gang’s leader, the feud takes on a new dimension, and as their love blossoms so begins a journey overshadowed by violence and fatal misunderstanding.
COVID-19 SAFETY INFORMATION & VENUE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Updated Government Public Health Measures regarding COVID-19 restrictions will come into effect from 22nd October 2021. What does this mean for Bord Gáis Energy Theatre and our customers?
• In line with Government's easing of restrictions, performances at Bord Gáis Energy Theatre from 22nd October 2021 will operate at full venue capacity of 100%.
It is likely that patrons from other groups will be sitting in seats next to you however all adults in attendance will have met vaccination entry criteria.
• Patrons are required to present an EU Digital COVID-19 Certificate or HSE / NHS proof of full Covid-19 Vaccination or recent recovery certificate, along with ID.
• Children under 18 who are accompanied by adult ticketholders do not need proof of vaccination/recovery.
• Teenagers aged 16 and 17 attending events without an accompanying adult must have proof of full vaccination.
• A negative PCR or antigen test is NOT accepted for entry at present as per current Government rules.
• In accordance with current restrictions, alcohol is available for sale from venue bars to attendees aged 18+ provided patrons consume it while seated in designated foyer seating areas.
We have limited seating areas available on a first come, first served basis; once these seats are fully occupied bars will stop the sale of alcohol.
Interval drinks must be ordered before start of performance, available again on a first come, first served basis.
We reserve the right to close bars for the sale of alcohol once foyer seating capacity has been reached or at any other time. Alcohol is not permitted in the auditorium.
• Masks or appropriate face coverings must be worn by patrons at all times in the venue apart from when eating or drinking. Staff will wear masks at all times.
• Children under 13 are not required to wear masks.
• Lead booker contact information will be retained for contact tracing purposes for a limited period in line with public health advise and in accordance with GDPR.
• We advise patrons to allow additional entry time when planning their visit due to for proof of vaccination checks at venue entrance.
• For all Covid-19 related updates please see the FAQ section of our website for latest news: https://bordgaisenergytheatre.ie/info/faq
THIS EVENT FEATURES DEPICTIONS OF VIOLENCE (INCLUDING DEATH) AND MILDLY DISTRESSING SITUATIONS ON STAGE. RECOMMENDED FOR AGES 12+.
All prices include a €1 facilities fee per ticket. Bookings are subject to service charges.