CALLING ALL UGLY MUTTS -LEGALLY BLONDE WANTS YOU!
Does your pet pooch have what it takes to be a musical star?
A major new tour of the smash-hit Broadway and West End show, Legally Blonde The Musical comes to Bord Gáis Energy Theatre for one week only from 5-10 March 2018 and we want your canine companion to be part of the stellar line up!
We’re looking for a four- legged, furry superstar to join the cast of this fun- filled, feel good show which includes Ex-EastEnders star Rita Simon in her first role since leaving the soap, former X-factor finalist Lucie Jones and Bill Ward, star of Coronation Street and Emmerdale.
Legally Blonde features two leading doggy characters in the cast – a Chihuahua called Bruiser and another called Rufus. Doggy auditions to cast Rufus for the Dublin leg of the tour will be held on 8 February 2018. We are preferably looking for a Bull Dog as in the film, but we are certainly open too other like breeds. So long as they’re NOT cute and cuddly, in fact the Uglier the better!
Ideally here’s what we’re looking for:
• A British Bulldog – First and foremost we are looking for a British Bulldog as appeared in the Film. We are open to other breeds, but they need be bullish and robust. Cute and fluffy is NOT what we are looking for.
• Temperament – If your dog is relaxed, laid back, good with people and enjoys a good fuss, we would love to hear from you.
• Responsive to Commands – does your dog respond to ‘come here’, ‘sit’ and doesn’t just wander off doing its own thing? Then they could be exactly what we’re looking for. We do not expect ‘Rufus’ to perform tricks.
• Tricks – if your lovable brute has any, we would love to see them. They have 5 minutes to show us what they’ve got. If they’re skills are good enough we could end up using them in the show!
• Experience – Although absolutely not essential, if your dog has some form of stage experience it will be a huge bonus. Even the most confident of dogs can suddenly be affected by the lights, the band and the huge round of applause they are bound to receive on their big entrance!
How to apply:
If you think your pet pooch has what it take to tread the boards at Dublin’s Bord Gais Energy Theatre from 5-10 March – then here’s how to apply:
Email email@example.com please place DUBLIN AUDITIONS in the subject title with the following:
• Your full name, address and contact number.
• Photo of your Doggie along with your dog’s name, breed and brief description.
If you are successful in your application for an audition place you will be notified by email and allocated a time slot for auditions on 8 February in Dublin